Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Boxed in (Dectective Mann Series)


I awake, laying on my back on the floor. Unsure how I got here. I seem to be inside a wooden box. It is 10x10x20 feet. How do I know this? The computer in the room told me. It is the only thing in the box with me. As far as I have discovered, it is only telling me what is inside the box, and cannot answer anything on the outside of the box. By reflex I brush myself off, noticing that I am covered in wood shavings. The box floor is completely covered in them. I start to get some of my memory back. I was in my office and my secretary brought in a case. I refused to accept since I only do certain cases. That is all I remember, before waking here. I then feel something in my pocket. I pull out a business card. I realize it is one of mine. Reads Detective Mann. Thats me. Private Investigator to many...what is this in my pocket? a cross..made of wood. A type of Pine wood. Inscribed in the cross is the word...Melchizedek. Or is it a name? I check the wall to see if they are also pine. The entire box is made of pine. The computer is also encased in a type of pine. The walls are solid, as though it might be backed with solid oak. No seeable doors. The only way out seems to point towards the computer. I wonder if I can email someone to help me out of this box? After several minutes it seems to be limited to a intranet. I type in Melchizedek, and receive info on a high priest. Not sure how that is going to help me. Suddenly, the screen saver scrolls across the screen in words stating..."For your own good"


Next time! Advertising Mann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home