Thursday, December 13, 2007

Homecoming!

Well, it has been about 5 weeks out of full right hip surgery and I am still feeling very useless. I can barely geet around with a walker and I tried using the Quad cane the other day (Coining by Seth Forness as sounding like a very cool weapon) and I am paying for it today with lots of pain in my back that I had to turn back to my Vicodin, rather than Tylenol:(

I would of Blogged earier in my recovery, but I was on my parents dail up connection and that is not fun to play with. I stayed with my folks for about 4 weeks and they were sad to see me go, but glad that I was feeling well enough to get plugged back into my place again.

I thought I was going to receive a grander homecoming, but instead I was greated by "Egg People" in my bed room. Not sci fi at all, but a clever decoration/prank by my roomie Nate and good friend Craig Larson A.K.A. "Time Walker" I did appreciate it, but I am always imagining my friends popping up and yelling "Welcome Home"!

A lot has happened since I been laid up. I am thankfully on "Short Term" disability from work so I am glad to get a full paycheck while I heal.

The Christmas Season is fast approaching and I still have not got my Christmas shopping completed! I was glad that the internet makes things easy, but not everything can be found on the internet!

Thankfully I called in one of my connections! He came rather quickly, as only he can:)

I heard the echoing from the fireplace upstairs and as I hobbled upstairs with my crutches, he uttered...

Santa; Ho! Ho! Ho! Seasons Greetings my dear friend Keith! How are you feeling today?

Me; Not to well Santa. I feel like I got hit by a Mach Truck!

Santa; I am guessing you don't want a Mach Truck for Christmas?

Me; Nope, cause I might get hit by it:)

Santa; HO! HO! HO! Very funny! I got somethings that is going to help you in your Christmas shopping.

Me: Wait Santa, I thought in calling you in that you would be able to get the gifts for me?

Santa; I don't pick up "Gift Cards" and besides, they are not a true gift! Couldn't you be more creative?

Me; Santa, I just like giving friends and family access to their own gifts?

Santa; Get to know your friends and family better Keith! Besides, you have plenty of time now that you are recovering? I am sorry to be so hard on you, but maybe after I give you these gifts, you will reconsider "Gift Cards"?

Me; Ok Santa, what are they?

Next Time; Santa's Gifts to Keith!

Peace!

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home