Saturday, March 24, 2007

From Peru with Love Part 2 "Memorable Moments"


Pictured; (From left to right) Jose, Daniel, Jodi, Justin, Dan, Ben, Nate and Leon.
I don't seem to be missing anything? It is very odd that I would have space for a body in my suitcase and still make the weight requirement of under 50 pounds?

I don't remember leaving my suitcase unattended? Very odd? I best check around the house and see if maybe it was a prank from my roomie Lizzy? It has been four days since we got back and maybe he had someone small enough to lay in the suitcase and form it, and then cover it in clothes for the joke?

Oh well, I will deal with that later! Time to clean up this mess and simply reflect.

One of may favorite moments was seeing the kids at VBS! There was about 52 kids that attended through out the week. Singing songs and playing those crazy activities were they got to run around like wild animals! It was simply a blast!

I feel in love with the town instantly. Even though the city of Boceneca is in a desert and the houses look like a bomb hit, it was still feeling like a home away from home for me.
Another memorable moment is when we went to "Miraflores" the capital city of Lima, Peru, and a number of our team were excited about coffee and icecream! I had an iced chai, since it was warm out and I was in desparate need for caffeine! The place we went to was a shopping center overlooking the ocean.

The translators Alex and Daniel were excellent and very istrumental in helping us communicate to the Peruvians. They are great guys and I hope they geet a chance to work together again and if the church in Boneneca signs on to GCLA, and we are called to go back to the church to help them, I hope we can request these two again?
Building the two houses with the extra support money raised was awesome and it really touched my heart! I wish we had more more to built many more houses, but that is when I needed to thank GOD that thru the support, two prefab houses were made possible! The families that received these houses were not saved, but thankfully showed up at church and we pray that they will continue coming? Jose was very instrumental in getting these house up and operational!
So many memories to talk about, but I spent too much time in reflection and not enough time cleaning up! I wish my roomie would of slowed down enough to help keep the place clean, but unforgenately that seems like too tall of a request order:(
Off to the ROCK, But before I left I noticed something. Muddy footprints on my patio! Not again!!!
Next time! From Peru with Love Part Three "Community"

Peace!

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home