Sunday, May 13, 2007

"A Week in the Life" Day 1 Scrumptious Sunday


Sunday morning and I wake up franticly to thinking that I have to get breakfast ready for whatever guys are coming over for Men's Prayer! The griddle was still greasy from the last time we had mens breakfast which was two weeks ago. Thankfully nothing was growing on it. Ahhh, the life of bacholers. Thankfully my good friend Leon was over on Saturday helping me cleanup. My body was a wreck all week. Felt like my head was gonna fall off!

I got the pancake batter mixed up and I hear a knock on the door, and it's...Mike Holley. I look around to see if other men are getting out of their cars and I see no one around. Kind of ghost townish in my neighborhood. For a church that states that we are a church of prayer, we don't see the turnouts. What man in his right mind would turn down free breakfast? Oh well...after about an hour one of my best friends Nate Howard shows up and is appalled at the lack of turn out. I just shrugged my shoulders and we sat down for a quick bite before prayer. Thankfully Marc Holtey showed up, so we had four guys total.

After wrapping up prayer, I had a lunch date with the Bibelheimers! It was a tasty time at "Granite City Grill and Bar". They had the salads, and I had a bacon cheeseburger that was bigger than my head. We chatted about mostly about work, and church, and a certain crush I have on a gal at the Rock. They stated they would pray about it. After a great time of catching up after many many months, we set another date for lunch in the month of June, and I rushed back to the house to clean up before house church. I put the finishing touches on my room and Leon came over early to finish helping clean.

Unfortunately the people who brought the snacks brought very little amounts of snacks so my SG friends were wandering around the kitchen with not much to munch on. The Small Group study was not detailed as it had no bible verses, and no references to go on. It was about creationism vs evolution and how it affects our faith. After a rather grueling discussion during mini group (4 to 5 people per group) we mingled for a while, and then all the ladies left and it was just me and four of my dude friends hanging till 9:30pm!

After they left I ran downstairs to watch my much anticipated cartoon "Justice League". As I was turning on the entertainment system, I noticed a person in the reflection on the glass window. Looked like they were in the room. I turned and I did not see anyone. I called out "Lizzy?, is that you?" No reply. I then wandered thru the house thinking that maybe one of our small groupers was still at my place searching for snacks?
After 10 minutes of searching, I found no one. Then Lizzy came in while I watching "Justice League". I was wrapping up the final season! Lizzy stated that he was turning in, and I decided it was time for bed too. As I passed the mirror in my bedroom, I saw yet another image of a person. I stopped, stepped back and looked, but whatever it was had to be caused by stress, or some uncooked beef?
Next Time; "A Week in the Life" Day 2 Manic Monday
Peace!
Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home