Saturday, November 11, 2006

Unwanted Visitors!


Friday morning and I still have not meet or seen this new house guest that Lizzy invited in. The post it note states; "Went out to see the Mall of America! We don't have a Mall where I am from! Pastor Al."

Thankfully this house guest is clean and organized. I suppose if you have to be organized if you have kids?, but the strange thing is, I don't see any adult size clothes?

Anyway, I need to make the most of my day by waiting impatiently for UPS to deliver my new cell phone, and then I can run errands.

The doorbell rang and I am excited, thinking that it is the UPS guy! I open the door, and it is three large insect looking dudes!

I say; Ahhh you missed Halloween trick or treating by a long shot!

They say, almost in unison; Wheerree isss heeee?

I say; Oh, this must be a joke on my roomie? He is at work and I tell them to look it up on the web!

I shut the door quickly! Then ten minutes go by and the doorbell rings again! I run up to answer it, hopeing it's the UPS and not those dudes dressed in insect costumes. I open the door and...it's my old friends! The Men in Black!

They say; Mr. Keith Neil Stan-Ge-Land! Where is he???

Me; Where is who?

Men in Black; Don't get smart with us! Where is he?

Me; If you are looking for a purple alien, he is not here, and by the way, what kind of ridicolius thing is that anyway?

I shut the door, and then find out I was napping! How do those Men in Black do that? I hope I did not miss the UPS guy??? Then the door bell rings again! I pinch myself to make sure I am awake and I open the door and to my delight the UPS guy is ready for me to sign and give me my new cell phone! I called Anna she was on her way over, and thankfully my day picked up with a welcomed vistor and dear friend, Anna Bruhn! After a delicious lunch/dinner at Applebees! (Sweet Potato Fries, and Shrimp and Steak Scewers) We then went to REI! (Outdoor Outfitters) I was pricing Gerber leathermen blades! I am hopeing that I get one of these for Christmas:)

After a few more runs! Caribou for Anna and I, and a much needed stop at Target, we got to the ROCK and enjoyed a great message from Pastor Spencer Bernard!

I then thought, I wonder what Pastor Al is doing? Bummer that Lizzy does not have a cell phone!

After the ROCK a number of friends wanted to come over! At first I was concerned, because I thought that my roomie and Pastor Al would be needing there much needed rest, but as soon as I remembered that Lizzy and Pastor Al went out with Chris and Joy Harings to a club in downtown Minneapolis, I was open and welcomed more vistors to our place:)

Once home, Anna and I played "Imagine If" with Leon, Rob, Mike, Ray, Nate, and Kim! Leon made the win in "Imagine If" and we enjoyed view the intro movies to two PS2 games "Final Fantasy 12" and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance"!

After midnight everyone went home and I was ready for bed. Then I heard Lizzy run in and run out! I tried asking about our house guest, but Lizzy was already out the door!

Next Time: New Cell Phone!

Peace!

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home